Hi guys! Today’s Mani Monday is a bit later than usual as I’ve been struck with an awful headache today so I’ve been resting a lot. However, I did do my nails last night so I wanted to quickly share them. I did a plastic wrap manicure using two beautiful purple polishes. I was originally just going to do the dark purple shade on it’s own but after it dried I felt like I needed to do a little more. Plastic wrap manicures are wonderfully easy and end up looking marbled. If you haven’t heard of them yet, I will be describing how I achieved this look.
For this manicure I used:
OPI Chip Skip
OPI Nail Envy Maintenance (1 coat)
OPI We’ll Always Have Paris (2 coats)
OPI Feeling Sashy (1 coat)
Glisten & Glow HK Girl Fast Drying & Super Shiny Top Coat (2 coats – I’ll explain below)
Plastic wrap (a few small pieces)
- Apply your chip skip and base coat
- Apply your base colour until you reach opacity (I normally use 2 coats but it depends on the polish)
- Apply 1 coat of your fast drying top coat (you could use normal top coat but I prefer a fast drying one)
- Wait until this has dried (I waited a few hours, if you use a normal top coat I would suggest waiting 24 hours), patience is key otherwise you will end up pulling up your base colour with the second colour
- Apply 1 quick coat of your top colour to each finger of one of your hand
- Grab a piece of plastic wrap, scrunch it up, and dab it all over each finger to your liking… if you pick up too much of the top colour, you can always go back and add more, and use the plastic wrap again
- Once you are happy with that hand, move onto the next hand, be careful using the hand with the wet polish though
- Apply 1 coat of top coat to each hand to finish off the manicure
Some tutorials I have seen online do one finger at a time, instead of one hand at a time, when they add the secondary colour. Both would work, it is just a matter of preference and speed. If you are using a fast drying polish you may want to go one finger at a time.
What are you wearing on your nails today? Let me know in the comments below!